Thursday, August 16, 2012

Another month--another new adventure

So it's been another month since I've written anything. Last I remember, I think I introduced Rick & I would be adopting a child. We are now halfway through our PS-MAPP classes hat are required for Kansas. We seem to be learning through this class. We have gotten some good ideas that we can apply to our children now.  I think it's also making me realize that not everything is as big a battle as I think it is.

While we have been taking this class, I am watching my husband grow yet again! Rick is now preparing to go back to school again! This class has peaked his interest in a Masters in Social Work and going on to be a GAL (Guardian Ad Litem). This is something he didn't realize he could do. Since he received his bachelors in Criminal Justice, he is able to go directly into the Masters program at Washburn!! I am so proud of him. He is just an amazing man of God. I love to see his protective instincts come out as we grow together!

In the meantime, I have also started "homeschooling" my children. I am using K12 the online public school option. It's a pretty cool tool. While I am enjoying having my children home most days, I'm also getting frustrated with them. They seem to give up too easily. I know it's because they are having problems understanding some of the stuff. I feel like we are on the brink of getting this thing under our belts!!

So as we continue with another month, we'll keep travelling on the new adventure God has provided for us. We will also seek His path before ours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment