Thursday, December 20, 2012

Your Heavenly Christmas Gift

I never really know how to start these blog posts. I don't know if I could ever think of anything witty to say that I wouldn't eventually erase and start all over again. (This is the 2nd time I've tried starting tonight.)

I do have more news. Since our move a few weeks ago, we have finished our home assessment for the adoption. We are just waiting on a few references to be finished, the TB test results turned in, and finally for the information on how much life insurance Rick has through his job! We have been very blessed so far through this process. I can't believe we are at this point where we can start looking at children's profiles. It seems such a short time ago that we started.

With that in mind, it reminds me of how we are all adopted into God's kingdom. Reflecting on this time of year and what it means has me really thinking this year. I have been reading the book of Luke to my children. Rick and I have also been talking about angels with them. We want them to know that the angels depicted in society are not what they are in the Bible. Luke 1:29 says Mary was "troubled" when an angel came to her. It also says in Luke 1:12 Zacharias was "troubled" upon seeing God's angel. This angel that was seen by both Zacharias and Mary was Gabriel. Gabriel brought good news to both but the outcome of these were different. Zacharias questions what Gabriel says and doesn't believe therefore losing his ability to speak until the prophecy happened. However, Mary questions, then believes and says "Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word." (Luke 1:38)

I find this fascinating. God allowed two different things to happen for His glory! The biggest glory though is His son being sent down for us. We are celebrating the birth of this mercy & glory this holiday season. Christ was given to us in a lowly, dark place so we could live in a high, lighted place eternally. All we have to do is accept Christ as our personal Savior. In a time where darkness overshadows our world, it's amazing to see God's promises and see the "Light" at the end of the tunnel.

This Christmas season, I invite all of my readers to reflect on God's love and His gift to us. Focus on what it means to be adopted into Christ's kingdom. If you don't know His gift, go to a church and find a pastor and ask them what it means to have Christ in your life so you can be adopted into His kingdom. If you know Christ and will live in His kingdom, reflect this season on how you can help someone else come to know him. Help them to become your brother or sister.  I also invite everyone to read, on a daily basis, the Bible and become closer to Jesus Christ, God's heavenly Christmas gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment