Monday, May 13, 2013

Who Is Watching?

During nap today, I took out my bible. I have a new plan to read and I'm going to try to keep up with it.

1 Samuel 16:7  But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or his stature, because I have rejected him. Man does not see what the Lord sees, for the man sees what is visible, but the Lord sees the heart."

The devotion to go with the was comparing your life's bloopers with others' highlight reels. It struck me for some reason today. I take care of my children, and 2other children during daycare hours. Soon, I will also have another 2 to keep me busy during the day. Someone is always watching me.

Sometimes, I say things I don't mean, especially to my children. It even occurs when I speak to people on just a daily basis. My tongue is a very wicked tool. When others look at my life, I would love for them to see just the "highlight reel". Unfortunately, I have many people that I consider to be very close to me and they know all my bloopers. I also like to be transparent with many people. That being said, it is good to know that God knows my heart and all its intentions. So even though I may do the wrong thing, say the wrong thing, or act negatively, but my God knows my heart. He understands if the intention was good. He knows if I am truly being cruel or just "tongue-tied".

He knew I would mess up. He knew I would do that daily. He knew my children and others around me would wonder. However, he loved me enough to send his son, Jesus Christ, for ME! I can not sing my praise or say enough how thankful I am for that.

My challenge to everyone for today, tomorrow, and the following year: Try to see what God sees not what Man sees. Even if you only do it once, step back, evaluate, and proceed with caution. Your reel could be amazing to someone watching you. Keep in mind, as long  as you have Christ as your Savior, your reel is AWESOME to GOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment