Saturday, April 14, 2012

JOY

Where do I start? The week past has been filled with so much joy! It doesn't escape me that as I do my bible devotions the word of the month is JOY. April has definitely been that. One week ago today, I renewed my vows with my husband. Now so all of you know, I made it through almost the ENTIRE ceremony before I began to cry. When I read the letter of thanks to my family, I lost it. I was overcome with such joy for my family and what was happening for us.

Then God once again completely pulled on me asking for more obedience. My hubby and I had a good talk about what was being asked of us. Amazingly, we were both on the same train of thought. We are being pushed to get COMPLETELY out of debt. Anyone who knows me, knows this will be a task for me. I like to shop! :-) We have contacted an outside group to help us. We are hoping to be out of debt within 3-4 years.

I still find it amazing how God has taken over my life completely. I gave it to him because it's his but I am still human. Everyday I still face a challenge. I slip and fall; I stumble. Thankfully, He picks me up EVERY TIME. Even though I'm still making mistakes, he has graciously allowed me a peace I have never known.

So this get out of debt thing, not my ideal situation. However, I am slowly learning that I can shop for groceries for 2 weeks at a time and spend less than $150. I'm also learning things my grandma tried teaching me when I was younger. I'm making homemade bread, actually cooking close to 90-95% of my family's meals. I even stay home with my children and do nothing (no small feat). Beginning in August, I will homeschool both of my children (when I was younger, I swore I wouldn't do this). And believe it or not, I'm even going to teach my daughter to sew a pillow and how to stitch using a pattern on dishtowels. I'm not Martha Stewart, Racheal Ray, or anyone close to that. I'm just me, with some really good "old-fashioned" values, thanks to my God!

So go find some JOY in your life. Live it to its fullest and just relax. God is in control.

"Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name. For His anger is but for a moment; weeping may endure fora night, but joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30: 4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment