Wednesday, May 23, 2012

New Phase of Life = New Life??

The last few weeks have been crazy! I felt like I was never home. I know so many others that said the same thing. All of their kids were either graduating high school, 8th grade promotion, 5th grade "graduation", or Kindergarten celebration. Yes, we can all say we knew or knew of someone in those shoes.

My daughter promoted from 5th grade this year. My son is leaving 1st grade. My husband and I realized we now have a 6th grader and a 2nd grader. Then I started thinking about this new phase we are all entering. I've said it before. As of this fall, I will be homeschooling my children. We feel it is the best way to go at this time.

As of May 18th, both of my children came home to be with me all day, every day. So far, we are all just trying to figure out how this summer is going to for us. We are having to learn how discipline is going to work. Never before have my children had to do "chores" before they were allowed to watch TV or be on the computer. When my DH and I are on the same page and the kids are trying to cope with that. They still seem to think that if one says no, the other will say yes. While they are getting better, it is taking some time.

My daughter seems to be slowly getting better about understanding this. It seems like since becoming that 6th grader, she has taken on new responsibility. She seems to be ready to do her chores in the morning so she can have the afternoon free. If only my little guy would get this concept!

I know my little guy is still young. When I was home for 4 years, he seemed to do really well. He listen a LOT better than he does nowadays. I take the heat for that. I didn't stand my ground a few years ago. It is so important for children to have their parents in their lives. When I went back to work, my children suffered, especially my little guy. He missed having me home to teach him and love on him. I will never get that back but hopefully, he will learn once again that he can be with mom whenever he needs, instead of me pushing him off because I was worried about work or whatever needed to be done around the house since I wasn't home all day.

I guess this new phase that our family is going through is really what this New Life in a Cemetery is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment