Monday, May 7, 2012

Real Peace and Contentment?

Do you ever have that feeling you are just too much at peace? No? Well, I can say I feel that way today. I know I am not deserving of it either.

Just when I thought that, I read a verse again this morning. "Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God-my God-will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord."


I had to really let myself see what God was talking about. I realized I am fearful of homeschooling my children this next fall. I worry that I won't be able to do it. They will be terribly unhappy, miss socializing, and angry with me. These words began to sink in though. I don't have to be fearful or dismayed. My God will be with me until I have finished the work he set out for me to do. My DH and I believe that homeschooling our children is what we are being convicted of doing. This is what is best for them and God will be with us throughout it.

I used to be really against homeschooling. Then I warmed up to the idea. My DH was against homeschooling at that point. We are finally on the same "wavelength" of thinking. THIS is a SCARY thought in itself! So again, I am beginning to feel so much peace. God has wonderful timing!

Last year about this time was the beginning of my downfall. I was tempted, not once but twice, last year to leave my DH. The first time actually happened in May. I never could pull the trigger. I knew I was unhappy and very non-content. Thankfully, because my God does not leave or forsake me, I stayed and went through a few more very bad trials. But it has brought me such contentment, I'm now ready to just do it! Do it for HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment